Foreign investors ditch ZSEImage from Foreign investors ditch ZSE

🇿🇼

Zimbabwe News Update

📅 Published: August 13, 2025

📰 Source: businesstimes

Curated by AllZimNews.com

The consortium is collectively referred to as Mabentu Consortium.

But a source said the failure by Zinara and the parent ministry to trigger the first right of refusal has baffled Treasury. “Zinara which represents the government of Zimbabwe had the first right of refusal according to a contract signed with Intertoll Zimbabwe.

A lot of ised as to what informed that decision at a time when the Treasury has been pushing for the liquidation of Zinara,” the source said.

The latest issues raised come at a time when the government is currently working on restructuring of state enterprises with some set for an outright sale.

Finance and Economic Development Permanent Secretary George Guvamatanga told Business Times: “We are going to look at those allegations. ”
Transport and Infrastructure Development Minister Biggie Matiza said he was yet to receive a report from the board. “The transaction advisor made a report which I am yet to see its contents.

But by next week I will be in a position to give correct facts,” Matiza said.

Contacted for comment on the Intertoll Zimbabwe transaction, Zinara said: “With regards to Intertoll, as an institution we do not discuss specific contracts that we have with our suppliers and partners in the media. ”
Group Five Limited and Group Five Construction Proprietary Limited (Group 5), a leading African construction, concessions and manufacturing group, was placed under business rescue last year leading to the disposal of its stake in Intertoll Zimbabwe. 🔗 Read Full Article

All Zim News is a central hub for all things Zimbabwean, curating news from across the country so no story is missed.

Alongside aggregation, our team of nationwide reporters provides real-time, on-the-ground coverage.

Stay informed and connected — reach us at admin@allzimnews. com.

📖 Want to Read More?

Get the complete story and stay updated with the latest Zimbabwe news


All Zim News is a central hub for all things Zimbabwean, curating news from across the country so no story is missed. Alongside aggregation, our team of nationwide reporters provides real-time, on-the-ground coverage. Stay informed and connected — reach us at admin@allzimnews.com.

By Hope