Deputy President Paul Mashatile. Picture: X / @ParliamentofRSA As the Matric Class of 2025 celebrate their historic achievements, Deputy President Paul Mashatile encouraged matriculants to take advantage of opportunities aimed at supporting young people. The official National Senior Certificate (NSC) exam results were announced by Minister of Basic Education Siviwe Gwarube on Monday evening.
The 2025 matriccohort achieved a record-breaking matric pass rate of 88%, whichis 0.7% higherthan last year’s 87.3%. Gwarube shared words of encouragement with pupils who did not achieve the results they had hoped for. She said they were not failures, and their stories were not over, adding that there are pathways to improve their results, including rewrites, support programmes, and second-chance opportunities.
Mashatile extended his “heartfelt congratulations” to the Matric Class of 2025. “The Deputy President commends the matriculants for their resilience, discipline, and determination in reaching this important milestone, noting that their achievement represents both personal success and a critical contribution to the country’s future development,” Mashatile’s spokesperson, Keith Khoza, said. “In his message, the Deputy President encourages the matriculants to take advantage of government-supported opportunities aimed at supporting young people as they transition into higher education, skills development, and employment.” Khoza added that Mashatile reaffirmed the government’s commitment to “investing in young people and creating inclusive opportunities that enable them to participate meaningfully in the economy and society.” Meanwhile,despite an ongoing legal battle with the Information Regulator, the Department of Basic Educationlast week confirmed that the 2025 National Senior Certificate (NSC) examination results would be published on Tuesday in some newspapers.
Read Full Article on The Citizen