Trial of trio accused of name-dropping Mnangagwas son proceeds after acquittal on one chargeImage from Trial of trio accused of name-dropping Mnangagwas son proceeds after acquittal on one charge

🇿🇼

Zimbabwe News Update

📅 Published: August 21, 2025

📰 Source: zimbabwesituation

Curated by AllZimNews.com

📅 Published: August 21, 2025

📰 Source: zimbabwesituation

Curated by AllZimNews.com

Prosecutors say the gang posed as officers from the President’s Department, the Police Protection Unit and Military Intelligence, threatening to cancel mining licences belonging to Dube’s clients unless he paid them.

They allegedly extorted more than US$55,000 between February and August 2024.

The accused are said to have repeatedly invoked the name of Sean Mnangagwa, claiming they were acting on his behalf.

Dube told investigators he travelled to Harare to meet Sean, who denied any knowledge of the gang and advised him to file a police report.

Among the charges, the three allegedly forced Dube to hand over US$40,000 on July 23 last year after producing a forged Power of Attorney purporting to make them directors of Fools Investment (Pvt) Ltd.

On another occasion, they allegedly demanded US$5,800 for “accommodation and car servicing” while on “special deployment. ” In August, they are said to have posed as police officers to gain entry into Fools Mine, where they attempted to assess gold deposits.

The trial was remanded to August 22.

Related posts:High Court refuses to strike down Patriot ActMnangagwa pardons ailing former judge who fled after corruption convictionFake Cambridge exams: Parents call on police to actHigh Court dismisses ZAPU bid to halt Gukurahundi hearingsI’m giving ED, Zanu PF sleepless nights: Chamisa
Trio allegedly extorted miner of $55,000 claiming to be agents of Sean Mnangagwa
Source:Trial of trio accused of name-dropping Mnangagwa’s son proceeds after acquittal on one charge– Zimbabwe News Now
Sean Mnangagwa was dragged into extortion case of three men
BULAWAYO – The trial of three men accused of masquerading as state security operatives while name-dropping President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s son to extort a mining firm has continued, after a Bulawayo magistrate struck off one of the seven charges they were facing.

BULAWAYO – The trial of three men accused of masquerading as state security operatives while name-dropping President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s son to extort a mining firm has continued, after a Bulawayo magistrate struck off one of the seven charges they were facing.

Related posts:High Court refuses to strike down Patriot ActMnangagwa pardons ailing former judge who fled after corruption convictionFake Cambridge exams: Parents call on police to actHigh Court dismisses ZAPU bid to halt Gukurahundi hearingsI’m giving ED, Zanu PF sleepless nights: Chamisa. 🔗

” style=”color: #007bff;”>admin@allzimnews. com.

📖 Continue Reading

This is a preview of the full article. To read the complete story, click the button below to visit zimbabwesituation.


🔗 Read Full Article on zimbabwesituation

AllZimNews aggregates content from various trusted sources to keep you informed.

📰 Source:

zimbabwesituation



Aggregated by AllZimNews – Your trusted source for Zimbabwe news

By Hope