Zimbabwe News Update
📅 Published: August 16, 2025
📰 Source: newzimbabwe
Curated by AllZimNews.com
📅 Published: August 16, 2025
📰 Source: newzimbabwe
Curated by AllZimNews.com
He was remanded in custody after he told court he needed to get legal representation.
In his affidavit, the Investigation Officer Edmore Nyazamba opposed bail, warning that Mandizvidza’s release would “undermine and jeopardise the objectives and proper functioning of the criminal justice system. ” “The magnitude of the sentence likely to be passed upon conviction will induce him to abscond… The sense of peace and security of foreign investors in Zimbabwe will be undermined and prejudiced by release of the accused. ” The State alleges that on August 13, 2025, Mandizvidza used his Canon 250D camera at his official residence in Hatfield Police Camp to record a video, later uploaded to his YouTube channel Gondo Harishaye, in which he claimed to have “taken over command of the Zimbabwe Republic Police” and announced that “all Chinese nationals residing and doing business in Zimbabwe must leave… within 48 hours. ” He also declared that the ZRP Traffic Section was “temporarily disbanded. ” Authorities say the pronouncements were false, unlawful, and intended to cause psychological harm to foreign nationals and economic damage to Zimbabwe.
Later the same day, Mandizvidza allegedly misled Chief Inspector Fidios Chiteure into believing he had been authorised by a senior commissioner to use a Ford Ranger, registration number ZRP 1033R.
The vehicle was driven to Waerera village in Bindura, where it was later recovered.
On August 14, 2025, the accused allegedly uploaded another video repeating his claim to be the ZRP commander, this time naming Commissioner General Stephen Mutamba – the actual police chief – in what the State says was a deliberate bid to sow disaffection among serving officers.
Nyazamba warned the court that if granted bail, Mandizvidza was “highly likely to delete the YouTube account he used,” thereby destroying crucial evidence.
Mandizvidza remains in custody as the court considers the State’s opposition to bail.
He will be back in court on August 18.
Vakayi Chikwekwe is presiding over the case while Anesu Chirenje is prosecuting. 🔗
” style=”color: #007bff;”>admin@allzimnews. com.
Get the complete story and stay updated with the latest Zimbabwe news
📖 Continue Reading
This is a preview of the full article. To read the complete story, click the button below to visit newzimbabwe.
🔗 Read Full Article on newzimbabwe
AllZimNews aggregates content from various trusted sources to keep you informed.
📰 Source:
newzimbabwe
Aggregated by AllZimNews – Your trusted source for Zimbabwe news