Over 2 000 jobs created at ManhizeImage from Over 2 000 jobs created at Manhize

🇿🇼

Zimbabwe News Update

📅 Published: August 19, 2025

📰 Source: zimbabwesituation

Curated by AllZimNews.com

📅 Published: August 19, 2025

📰 Source: zimbabwesituation

Curated by AllZimNews.com

Muswere said the majority of employees were Zimbabwean, adding that issues to do with corporate social responsibility and social equity had been addressed. “At present, Disco employs 2 000 skilled and unskilled workers, with locals being prioritised.

At full operational capacity, the project is expected to create up to 25 000 direct jobs and 150 000 indirect jobs, making it one of the largest industrial ventures in the country,” he said. “The relocation of families within this geographic area has been done extremely well, with the building of modern houses and power units within the particular ward. ” Muswere said the venture would see the lowering of Zimbabwe’s US$1 billion annual steel import bill. “Our mandate is to inform and educate the nation about ongoing developments and to implement a monitoring and evaluation mechanism in line with what His Excellency, President Mnangagwa, commissioned in 2022 under the ‘Zimbabwe is open for business’ mantra,” the Information minister said. “This integrated approach has significantly reduced the country’s steel import bill, which previously exceeded US$1 billion annually. “We are now cutting down on our the import bill, thanks to Disco’s capacity to produce high-grade steel domestically. ” Disco project director Wilfred Motsi said the US$800 million investment would fund a new blast furnace, rolling mills and centering plants. “We must ensure the market can absorb this output before full commitment,” he said. “Disco has been granted secial economic zone status, which is expected to further boost investment, industrialisation and job creation. “The expansion aligns with Tsingshan’s broader African strategy, leveraging on Zimbabwe’s mineral wealth (ferrochrome, lithium and coal) to build a vertically integrated supply chain. ” Motsi appealed to government to review the country’s mining policy. “Like every mining company, we have challenges with the policy or Act of 1997 which is still in use. ” Related posts: Zimbabwe to overhaul business licensing fees to cut red tape Zimbabweans want improved livelihoods, and not statistics, Mr.

President Mnangagwa outlines Zimbabwe’s path to becoming an economic powerhouse at the Liberation Movement Summit ZBC Licence Fees Likely To Be Slashed By At Least 50%, Says Information Minister Zimbabwe: Govt. warns Chinese investors against labour violations, environmental negligence, and illicit deals. 🔗

” style=”color: #007bff;”>admin@allzimnews. com.

Get the complete story and stay updated with the latest Zimbabwe news

All Zim News aggregates news from a variety of sources for public interest and historical record Headlines, excerpts, and images are displayed with attribution and links to the original publisher

📖 Continue Reading

This is a preview of the full article. To read the complete story, click the button below to visit zimbabwesituation.


🔗 Read Full Article on zimbabwesituation

AllZimNews aggregates content from various trusted sources to keep you informed.

📰 Source:

zimbabwesituation



Aggregated by AllZimNews – Your trusted source for Zimbabwe news

By Hope