Gauteng police are searching for a firearm after a gardener was shot and left in a critical condition at a Hyde Park residence where former Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe’s son Bellarmine Chatunga Mugabe resides Gauteng police say they are still battling to find the firearm allegedly used by the son of late Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe,Bellarmine Chatunga Mugabe, who shot a 23-year-old gardener. The man is currently in critical condition in hospital. The incident took place on Thursday at a residence in the upmarket Hyde Park suburb, north of Johannesburg where Chatunga Mugabe resides.
Speaking to IOL News, Gauteng provincial police spokesperson Colonel Dimakatso Nevhuhulwi said, “The firearm has not been found.” She added that the matter was still under investigation. “We will not be commenting further on investigation progress unless or should there be an update worthy of being communicated,” she said. Police deployed divers and a dog unit to search the property following the shooting.
IOL previously reported that theSAPSin Gauteng confirmed that two men had been taken in for questioning following the shooting where Chatunga Mugabe resides. Nevhuhulwi described the circumstances of the shooting as “still a bit sketchy” but said preliminary investigations were underway.“ Two people aged between 33 and 24, were taken into custody. “They will be taken in for questioning so that we can determine what actually happened and what led to the shooting,” she said.
All Zim News – Bringing you the latest news and updates.