An explosion at a fireworks factory in central China killed nine people It injured 26 others, state media said on Tuesday, as challenging on-site rescue work continued a day after the incident The blast occurred shortly before 8:30 am Monday at a factory in a village outside Changde, a city in Hunan province, state-run China National Radio (CNR) said As of 9:00 am on Tuesday, nine people were dead and 26 injured, CNR said, citing a rescue command centre
Rescue work at the scene was ongoing, CNR reported, noting a “complicated” situation and the risk of additional explosions hampering response efforts Adding to the challenge, the site was in a “mountainous area with no large water source”, it added “During more than 20 hours of uninterrupted and continuous rescue, the rescue team used remote-controlled water cannons to extinguish the fire,” the report said State news agency Xinhua also said Tuesday that the Ministry of Emergency Management had sent a working team to Hunan to oversee the rescue
“Efforts must be made to ascertain the cause of the explosion as soon as possible and to hold those responsible accountable,” the ministry said, according to Xinhua Industrial accidents are fairly common in China due to vague regulations and lax safety standards Last month, an explosion at a chemical plant in the eastern province of Shandong killed at least five people In 2015, blasts at warehouses containing flammable chemicals in the port city of Tianjin killed more than 170 people and injured 700 others
Source: NewZimbabwe
All Zim News
All Zim News is a central hub for all things Zimbabwean, curating news from across the country so no story is missed Alongside aggregation, our team of nationwide reporters provides real-time, on-the-ground coverage Stay informed and connected — reach us at admin@allzimnews.com.
Source: Newzimbabwe