Chamisa party defiant after banImage from Chamisa party defiant after ban

BY KENNETH NYANGANIZimbabwe’s main opposition party, the Citizens Coalition for Change (CCC) yesterday vowed to go ahead with its rally set for Harare today despite the refusal by the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) to sanction the gathering Police on Friday said CCC will not be allowed to go ahead with the rally in Glen Norah for allegedly failing to comply with provisions of the Maintenance of Peace and Order Act CCC, which was set up early this year, before winning the majority of parliamentary and local government elections held since March has approached the High Court challenging the ZRP’s position Gift Ostallos Siziba, the party’s deputy spokesperson, accused the police of pandering to the whims of the ruling Zanu PF party to block CCC rallies

“We can safely conclude that the law is selective against the CCC.”

We are in court to challenge the police’s unreasonable action to interfere with our freedom to assemble at a victory rally in Glenorah We are not going to accept our country to have one law for Zanupf & another for the rest of the citizens.We will fight back & assert our rights.pic.twitter.com/HTYwGlq1Gf

— Gift Ostallos Siziba (@Cde_Ostallos)July 30, 2022

President Emmerson Mnangagwa and other Zanu PF bigwigs have been holding rallies across the country without any police interference “We know the intention of Zanu PF is to use the police to demobilise our people so that whenever we do our meetings there will be a small gathering,” Siziba said “l want to assure Zanu PF that this will not work and we are very confident that we are going to win the 2023 elections

“We are continuing with our preparations to host the rally where the party leadership is going to address “We are leaving no stone unturned to win the 2023 elections.”

ZRP spokesperson Paul Nyathi yesterday said he was not aware that the CCC rally had been banned This is not the first time that police have blocked a CCC rally and giving various excuses such as manpower shortages They recently blocked a CCC rally scheduled for Chegutu

Source: The Standard Zimbabwe

All Zim News

All Zim News is a central hub for all things Zimbabwean, curating news from across the country so no story is missed Alongside aggregation, our team of nationwide reporters provides real-time, on-the-ground coverage Stay informed and connected — reach us at admin@allzimnews.com.

Source: Thestandard

By Hope