Zimbabwe News Update

🇿🇼 Published: 19 February 2026
📘 Source: Daily Dispatch

Four South African men who were recruited to fight in the Russia-Ukraine war returned to SA via OR Tambo International Airport on Wednesday, the SABC reported. They are among a group of about 17 men who were allegedly lured into Russia with promises of employment but ended up fighting alongside Russian forces in the war against Ukraine. Their return follows an announcement by the presidencylast weekthat the governments of Russia and South Africa had agreed to work together in withdrawing South Africans taking part in the war.

Presidency spokesperson Vincent Mangwenya said last week that President Cyril Ramaphosa and his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, had recently discussed the matter. Magwenya said after those talks, the Kremlin and the Union Buildings resolved that South Africans involved in that war should immediately withdraw and return home.

📖 Continue Reading
This is a preview of the full article. To read the complete story, click the button below.

Read Full Article on Daily Dispatch

AllZimNews aggregates content from various trusted sources to keep you informed.

📰 Article Attribution
Originally published by Daily Dispatch • February 19, 2026

Powered by
AllZimNews

All Zim News – Bringing you the latest news and updates.

By Hope