Zimbabwe News Update

🇿🇼 Published: 19 February 2026
📘 Source: H-Metro

Mashaile said the NPA, under its newly-appointed boss Advocate Andy Mothibi, has the legal machinery and will move decisively in dealing with Malloti’s case. “I think the NPA, with its new head, Advocate Andy Mothibi, working hand in glove with Interpol and the station that has the complaint, or through the province and senior authorities should go out, through an Interpol red notice, and speak to the National Central Bureau in Zimbabwe, the NCB Zimbabwe. “I am fully aware that there is an extradition agreement or treaty between South Africa and Zimbabwe, and therefore all stops must be pulled out until Millicent Tsitsi Chimonyo or Namatai Bhobho (Malloti), as she called herself in the Western Cape, is brought to justice.” The renewed push to secure her extradition comes at a time of heightened cross-border legal co-operation between South Africa and Zimbabwe.

It follows Zimbabwe’s recent request for the extradition of suspects linked to the US$4 million Ecobank heist in Bulawayo, including the Vumbuu brothers, who were arrested in South Africa. On Monday, the South African Police Service (SAPS) confirmed to IOL that Molloti is wanted here on a charge of armed robbery. Authorities are now moving to have her extradited from Zimbabwe.

Western Cape SAPS spokesperson Captain F.C. Van Wyk told IOL that a warrant of arrest was issued in the Wynberg Magistrate’s Court. “The accused is wanted on a case of robbery with a firearm after a warrant of arrest was issued for her in Wynberg court.

📖 Continue Reading
This is a preview of the full article. To read the complete story, click the button below.

Read Full Article on H-Metro

AllZimNews aggregates content from various trusted sources to keep you informed.

[paywall]

“The case was removed from the court roll until she is traced and arrested,” Van Wyk said. Documents previously seen by IOL show the matter is linked to a Rondebosch case registered in November 2017 under case number CAS 78/11/2017, indicating the alleged offence dates back several years. Van Wyk also confirmed that the docket is currently with the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) after police received information suggesting the accused is believed to be living in Zimbabwe. The DPP’s office will now facilitate the necessary extradition processes through formal channels.

[/paywall]

📰 Article Attribution
Originally published by H-Metro • February 19, 2026

Powered by
AllZimNews

All Zim News – Bringing you the latest news and updates.

By Hope