Zimbabwe News Update

🇿🇼 Published: 17 February 2026
📘 Source: Zambia Monitor

Passengers were left stranded at Kenya’s main international airport on Tuesday as a strike by air traffic controllers entered its second day, causing widespread disruption and uncertainty for travellers. The industrial action has severely affected operations at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, one of Africa’s busiest aviation hubs.Many passengers were forced to wait for hours, while others were unsure whether their flights would depart at all, according toReuters. Kenya Airways reported delays of up to four hours for departing flights.

Uganda Airlines confirmed that two of its flights had been cancelled, while low-cost carrier Jambojet advised passengers not to travel to the airport until further instructions were issued. “We were told to wait until further notice. My family came to see me off and they are still here waiting with me,” passenger Jazzy Mwango told Reuters.

Another traveller, Betty Wambui said she was scheduled to travel to Egypt via Qatar but was now uncertain about her plans. “I’m totally confused because I don’t know whether I will travel or not,” she said. The strike was launched on Monday by the Kenya Aviation Workers Union, despite a court order directing that it should not proceed.

📖 Continue Reading
This is a preview of the full article. To read the complete story, click the button below.

Read Full Article on Zambia Monitor

AllZimNews aggregates content from various trusted sources to keep you informed.

[paywall]

The union has raised several grievances against the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority, including the failure to finalise a collective bargaining agreement and the continued employment of staff on temporary contracts for positions it claims are permanent. The aviation authority has stated that it was not seeking an amicable resolution to the dispute. In an effort to end the standoff, the transport minister summoned both the union and the aviation authority to a meeting on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, travellers continued to face uncertainty. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express permission from ZAMBIA MONITOR.

[/paywall]

📰 Article Attribution
Originally published by Zambia Monitor • February 17, 2026

Powered by
AllZimNews

All Zim News – Bringing you the latest news and updates.

By Hope