Zimbabwe News Update

🇿🇼 Published: 11 December 2025
📘 Source: Daily Dispatch

An Eastern Cape family is grappling with a fresh tragedy just days after marking the second anniversary of the killings of four of their sons at an initiation school on December 5, 2023. The Busakwe family of Ngqamakhwe is mourning the death of Kamvelihle Busakwe, 19, who was found dead in his initiation hut at Ngcwazi village on Tuesday. He is believed to have suffered an epileptic attack.

Kamvelihle was a cousin to the four brothers who were shot dead in 2023. Family spokesperson and grandfather of the deceased, Mncedisi Busakwe, said the family was “shocked and devastated”. “It is shocking that initiates have died within two years,” he said.

“The first incident happened on December 5 and the second on December 9, even though they are two years apart. This is leaving us with many questions.” He stressed that this year’s death was not violent. “It was related to his ill-health — it is a natural death,“ Busakwe said.

📖 Continue Reading
This is a preview of the full article. To read the complete story, click the button below.

Read Full Article on Daily Dispatch

AllZimNews aggregates content from various trusted sources to keep you informed.

[paywall]

“We knew that he was epileptic. He was fully healed and could have been initiated at any time.” Kamvelihle had been legally circumcised on November 8 and was due to graduate on December 27. “One frustrating thing is that his father died in 2021.

He was the first-born at home and the only son. We are left with that situation,” Busakwe said.

[/paywall]

📰 Article Attribution
Originally published by Daily Dispatch • December 11, 2025

Powered by
AllZimNews

By Hope